5 Strategies to Improve Your Body Image
- Focus on your positive qualities, skills and talents. Are you funny, artistic, strong, an animal lover, a great cook, singer, writer, artist, caring, dependable?
- Start saying positive things to yourself daily. Save them as screen savers, plaster them around the house. It's time to end the cycle of verbal abuse- you would talk to people you love this way.
- Focus on what your body has done. For example, learnt a musical instrument, given birth, danced, played in the rain, climbed trees, driven a car, cooked, swam, parachuted, gardened, cycled, cleaned, socialised, hugged, laughed.
- Avoid making body comparisons with others.
- Cleanse your social media- make a conscious decision about what you read and view. Media images can be unrealistic and only represent a minority of the population.
|Tags:Health and Well BeingMental HealthEating Disorders|