Your Health Information Privacy Consent Form In accordance with the Victorian Health Records Act 2001 and Federal Privacy Act 1988, our practice respects your right to privacy. We realize that it is important that you understand the purpose for which we collect details about your heath, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom this information might be disclosed. The policy of our practice is to follow these procedures:
1. The information collected will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing to you about our services and any issues affecting your treatment.
2. We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it from other health professionals, in our judgment, that is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event, disclosure of your personal details will be minimised wherever possible.
3. We may also use parts of your health information for research purposes, in study groups or at seminars as this may provide benefit to other patients, Should that happen, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent to do so.
4. Your medical history, treatment records, x-rays and any other material relevant to you treatment will be kept here. You may inspect or request copies of our records of your own treatment at anytime, or seek an explanation from the doctor. If you request an explanation of our records a written summary, our usual fees apply to these services.
5. If any of the information about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter our records accordingly.
6. Your health insurance company may request information from your records which we are required to provide, subject to your consent.
7. Our practice may send information to a public health organisation to help them design better health services for our local community. The information is secure and cannot identify you. You can otherwise rest assured that your health information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any persons not involved in either your treatment or the administration of this practice, without your prior written consent. If you have any queries or concerns about our handling of your health information, please do not hesitate to raise these concerns with our practice.